TVC 't Hoekske TVC 't Hoekske
info@tvchethoekske.tk

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

, Jack Eichel and Noah H

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Het Kickercafé
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 06-11-2019 07:29:14    Onderwerp: , Jack Eichel and Noah H Reageren met citaat

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Sounding like a grizzled manager referring to his shut-down relief pitcher, Urban Meyer called Kenny Guiton "the old right-hander." Come to think of it, maybe Guiton is No. 3 Ohio States closer. He took over when Braxton Miller left with a sprained left knee, running for one touchdown and passing for two on Saturday while keeping the Buckeyes right on task with a 42-7 victory over San Diego State. The win extended the nations longest winning streak to 14 in a row. "The old right-hander steps in again," Meyer said with a grin. "He really did a nice job. Hes too slow, not strong-enough armed and all he does is lead, manage, distribute and has an incredible knowledge of the game. And incredible leadership skills. "And our players respond." Miller watched the last three quarters from the sideline after being sandwiched between two tacklers on the Buckeyes seventh offensive play. The Buckeyes (2-0) didnt need him. "I think Ive heard coach Meyer say hes as good a backup quarterback as there is in the country," said a frustrated Rocky Long, coach of the Aztecs (0-2). "I dont know how they decide which one starts, to be honest with you. Theyre both of them very good players." Meyer said Miller wasnt hurt badly. "We had a long discussion on the sideline. I think he could have (returned)," Meyer said. "But the things that make him dangerous are his wheels and I dont think it would have been (the same). So we decided it was best not to. I think theres a chance hell be ready next week." The Buckeyes play at California in their first road game. Guiton, who helped save Ohio States 12-0 season a year ago, had the most playing time hes ever had in a game. He set career bests with 19 of 28 passing for 152 yards and 83 rushing yards. In his 16 games coming in, he had completed 14 of 25 passes for 144 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions with just 59 yards rushing 14 attempts. "I am joking: He does have a strong enough arm and he is fast enough," Meyer said. "But hes got to go in with a little more confidence. When he does, hes fun to watch." Ohio State dominated from the outset, but a crowd of 104,984 at Ohio Stadium sat in stunned silence when Miller was injured on Ohio States first offensive series. On fourth and 1 at the Aztecs 12, Miller carried to the right side and then cut back. He was trying to squirm for an extra yard or two when he was hit by defensive back King Holder while going backwards, with middle linebacker Jake Fely then hitting him and knocking his helmet off. Miller lay on the turf for a short time, rubbing his head. He was attended by a doctor, and eventually left the field under his own power, although he limped slightly. A team physician on the bench manipulated his left knee and he grimaced in pain. Miller was taken from the field on a cart. In came Guiton, who on the very next play handed to freshman Dontre Wilson, who sprinted around end for a 7-yard score. "I actually wasnt that nervous. I prepared all week like a starter," Guiton said. "Once I got in I took my first hit, got my first throw, after that it was just, Lets go." The senior from Texas also tossed a 27-yard scoring pass to Corey Brown and then handed off to Jordan Hall for a 4-yard score with 3 seconds left in the first quarter. During the lull before the ensuing kickoff, Miller received a loud ovation as he jogged across the field from the ramp leading to the locker room to the Ohio State sideline. Miller, wearing a large knee brace, remained on the sideline the rest of the game, never putting on a helmet but occasionally speaking to coach Urban Meyer and his teammates. Meanwhile, Guiton was large and in charge. "I did my best to try and lead in everything," he said. "I tried to let my words be heard, tried to impact the team no matter what." Just like they did a week ago in rolling to a 23-0 lead, the Buckeyes got off to a big early lead. This time, however, they didnt allow the opponent to get back in the game as Buffalo did in Ohio States 40-20 victory. Guiton kept around the left side on a 44-yard scoring run. Rod Smith, coming off a one-game suspension for an unspecified violation of team rules, tacked on a 1-yard touchdown to make it 35-0 at the half. It wasnt the first time in which Guiton came on in relief of Miller and grabbed the spotlight. Guiton had taken over for an injured Miller late in last seasons eighth game, against Purdue. Trailing by eight points with 47 seconds left at his own 35-yard line he led the Buckeyes to an improbable touchdown and then threw a 2-point conversion pass to force overtime. The Buckeyes won 29-22 on the way to the sixth unbeaten, untied season at the school. Guiton hit a leaping Brown on a 24-yard scoring pass in the third quarter. His only mistake was a second-quarter interception by cornerback Damontae Kazee -- leaping, twisting, one-handed grab that will probably end up on a few highlight reels. It was another disappointing outing for the Aztecs (0-2), who lost 40-19 to FCS Eastern Illinois at home in their opener. "Theyre a good football team but its on us again," wide receiver Colin Lockett said. "They came out ready to play and we didnt. The scoreboard shows it." San Diego State, which went 9-4 a year ago and played in a bowl game for the third season in a row, didnt get on the board until late in the third quarter. Backup quarterback Quinn Kaehler flipped a 2-yard scoring pass to Chad Young to make it 42-7. Kaehler, who completed 22 of 36 passes for 216 yards and a touchdown with one interception, took over for starter Adam Dingwell after he was intercepted by Doran Grant on the Aztecs second possession. Dingwell finished 0 for 5 passing with the pick. "Everything were doing right now," Long said, "is frustrating." Yeezy 350 Mens Wholesale . The 27th-ranked Austrian underwent surgery on a torn tendon in October and needs more time to recover, the Austria Press Agency reports on Saturday. Fake Yeezy 350 Mens . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. http://www.yeezys350cheap.com/ .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday. Yeezy 350 v2 Zebra Online . According to MMAFighting.com, MacDonald needs an x-ray on his right ankle and doctors clearance to fight or he will be subject to a mandatory medical suspension that will end on August 22, 2014. Cheap Yeezy 350 V2 . Which is to say, the top of this years draft class is not as dynamic or exciting as the 2013 class of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones and its not as strikingly promising as the highly-anticipated 2015 slate of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin.BALTIMORE - Reliever Wesley Wright and the Baltimore Orioles have finalized a $1.7 million, one-year contract.The deal, announced Friday, includes a $50,000 performance bonus if the left-hander appears in 60 games.The 29-year-old had a 3.17 ERA in 58 games with the Chicago Cubs in 2014, his third straight season with at least 55 appearances. He allowed two home runs in 488 1-3 innings.ddddddddddddSelected by the Dodgers in the seventh round of the 2003 amateur draft, Wright is 10-18 with a 4.17 ERA in 360 games with Houston, Tampa Bay and the Cubs. Chicago failed to offer a contract by the Dec. 2 deadline, allowing him to become a free agent.Wright has limited left-handed hitters to a .238 average in 591 plate appearances. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Het Kickercafé Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: