TVC 't Hoekske TVC 't Hoekske
info@tvchethoekske.tk

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Stream and Play MP4 Files on Roku 4/3/2

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Open Tornooien
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
PavSoft888

BerichtGeplaatst: 02-01-2019 09:43:11    Onderwerp: Stream and Play MP4 Files on Roku 4/3/2 Reageren met citaat

Will Roku ever actually play mp4 files properly?

When I have any video file I want to stream to Roku I have to convert them to mp4 then it is hit or miss whether roku will play them or not. Some will start right up and play nicely and others especially larger HD files will not work at all. When I convert I always use h264 for video and aac for audio because these are the codecs that are supposed to work. It’s the same whether I stream the file or put it on a USB drive and plug it in so it’s not the streaming software’s problem. I wish Roku would get their stuff together and write some software that actually works with video files, as it is it truly sucks.

Why Roku not play some MP4 files?

You can use the Roku media player channel to play own personal video right on your TV via home’s PC, DLNA server or Roku’s USB port. However, only supported file types will be shown in Roku Media Player channel. From Roku media player channel supported file types, we can see that Roku 3/2/1 can playback H.264/AVC MP4 files, while on Roku 4, you can also play 4K H.265/HEVC MP4 files. If the MP4 is encoded with other unsupported video codec, you will definitely fail to open them in Roku Media Player from USB drive.

For people who try to stream unsupported MP4 files to Roku via Plex, the Plex Media Server will automatically transcode the incomaptible files to Roku media player readable file formats. However, as the transcoding process is very CPU intensive, in addition, the transcoding process will also use the temporary disk storage for the converted media. If your Plex Media Server CPU is not faster enough or if your boot drive is very small, it is not ideal to perform the transcoding process with Plex Media Server.

When in that condition, it is highly recommended to convert MP4 to Roku media player supported file formats with a third-party video conversion tool. Here, an remarkable tool called Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (best video converter review) can assist you to comprehensively convert all the unsupported MP4 files formats for Roku playback.

If you have video backgroud information, you can get the best Roku playback settings by flexibly tweaking the output video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and audio codec, bit rate, sample rate and channels, etc.

Apart from MP4, you can also use this program to stream and play Blu-ray/DVDISO imageBDMVVideo_TS or other incompatible file formats on Roku 4/3/2.

For Mac users, your can turn to download Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac to perform the same conversion on Mac OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra. How to Convert MP4 for Streaming and Playing on Roku 4/3/2?

Step 1: Load unsupported MP4 video files into the program.

Click “Add Video” bar to import unsupported mp4 video into the program. You can batch load multiple MP4 video with different encoding into the program.

Step 2: Define output file format.

Click “Format” bar, from its drop-down option, select Roku 4/3/2 media player channel supported streaming formats from “HD Video” > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)”.

Step 3: Customize output profile parameters.

Click settings to open “Profile Settings” window, here you can flexibly adjust output video/audio codec, file resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, etc according to your own situations.

Step 4: Start MP4 to Roku 4/3/2 conversion process.

One click the big button “Convert” on bottom-right corner to start conversion.

Once finishing conversion, you can stream/play converted files on Roku 4/3/2 either from USB drive or via the Plex Media Server.

Further Reading:

Stream ISO Files to Roku 4/3/2 | Play Video_TS on Roku 4 via Plex 

Stream BDMV to Roku via Plex | Stream 4K Blu-ray via Roku Premiere 

Stream Blu-ray/DVD Movies to Roku 4 | Stream Blu-ray/DVD to TV via Roku 4 

Watch videos and movies on Roku 3 | Rip Blu-ray/DVD to Synology NAS for Roku 3 

Play DVD ISO on Roku 3 via Plex | Rip Blu-ray to mp4 for Roku to TV or VLC on iPad 

Stream iTunes movies with Plex to Roku | Play 4K videos on TCL P-series Roku smart TV 

Backup DVD to Roku 4 (H.265) for View Samsung 4K TV | Play AVI Files on Roku

Src: http://i-mediasky.com/play-mp4-files-on-roku/
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Open Tornooien Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: