TVC 't Hoekske TVC 't Hoekske
info@tvchethoekske.tk

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Enable h.265 playback capability on my DS415+ running Plex

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Open Tornooien
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
PavSoft888

BerichtGeplaatst: 08-05-2018 10:06:05    Onderwerp: Enable h.265 playback capability on my DS415+ running Plex Reageren met citaat

Just for fun, I wanted to try out h.265 playback capabilities on my DS415+ running Plex. And no, 1080p/AAC@~8.5Mbps overloads the CPU when transcoding to my iPhone over wifi. 720p/AAC@~3.5Mbps actually seems to work even if the CPU is very busy. Guess we might have to stick with h.264 for now. Any solution? 

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/OdZl64ASjxHbd8CY0BDGhJMODyzMGRYWfGbBrsl74cVUbTp3E5BlLsg7HC6xl15XTalQrCGKR2eOS91vwpOr4bjbOFZ8WpgasROPPIEwCE8Zh4e4EW3Nq5vghD-hYBkx_V9gzBoDeZq_p5jNdgY=s0-d[/img] 

Comparable to the precious H.264 standard, H.265 is more network-friendly for lower bandwidth needed to play videos at the same level of quality, which means that it probable to watch full HD movies/videos online more smoothly. In addition, a H.265 encoded video takes up less space, making it more suitable to be saved on devices with limited storage. To play H.265/HEVC videos on DS415+ running Plex easily, a necessary tool seems to be a H.265 Converter. 

Read some other users’ feedback online, I found Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is the highly recommended for transcoding H.265 from NX1 or other H.265 video source for DS415+/Plex. 

It is one of the firsts to provide an H.265 encoder/decoder for Windows and it ranks top on the H.265 converter application list. It is an all-in-one H.265 decoder, encoder, converter and player. With it, you can convert H.265 to H.264 MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MPG, FLV, M4V as DS415+/Plex supported formats as with several mouse clicks as well as create H.265 video from non-H.265 videos. Besides, optimal presets for NLEs likeAdobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, After Effects and portable devices like Apple TV, Samsung phones or Windows tablets are provided to help you have smooth H.265 video playing & editing workflow.

Read H.265/HEVC Video Converters Review

Download the H.265 converter: 

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Mu8flByJLYKbO1rrIEUXjY-i7YiytiRjTlkb368ohLqxsaL1T3zjL2VP6GCNtY9nwbDfLC44UvODPSqVGjXkGo6hq6GLSdwb0fWuY31kSzVRgW_5W1AhnEVN6e1lga3krKwp2L4uU5yPe1P_rD7opEN36Iw=s0-d[/img] [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/eUqzqTqhOJ0L2CcDhIfz8OUBQjpxfXaFemEjhDw9EH4p6v2O0YOJCE6yEY9T-8-915Y11aqRRFNDc1dAeSjtHTkDBbqWOwdj_ld3jelmgqW_puMkiCzFbs4Mxkh7GFObYBQi5GGRW-bUGMOkmHcIRA=s0-d[/img]

Tutorial: Convert H.265 Video to store on DS415+ for streaming to various devices with Plex 

STEP 1. Add H.265 videos 

Run H.265 Converter program, go to the menu bar, select “Add Video” button to select the H.265 files you want to import. You can also directly drag the video files to the program for conversion. It supports batch conversion so you can import multiple files at a time. 

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/wPny8ir-hQNEy2kIc_x0x4bcakFqOMtZJCDg-8JAZmQZFIMSn770oSpfk46eccPduydpGDwZ3GNmT3_t7hky0i1BFtglUnO1JeDyRvm-K6dUQ8DQDt81RE70gTYK-prD5pqGYgrJ4g=s0-d[/img] 

STEP 2. Choose an output format you want 

Click on “Format” bar, select any format you need from the drop-down profile list. You can choose regular video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, etc. from Common Video. Or choose format from “HD Video” to get 1080p output. If you would like to enjoy movies from DS415+ to your mobile phone and tablet like iPad, you can select a decent format like “iPad > iPad HD Video(*.mp4)” from the profile list comes with the software. 

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/J7Ld5jHFeL4OAvRf51RYI9LpmfzLj9xXpQjEh40hmcSFbeRGcSMo0uwIQ7UDeRbA4sWYLB_9QusWiHf8SNvJQ_TmEasUOMz-izW0vKl7lmYh88-H-fQArp0_UAeEejtZ=s0-d[/img] 

Tip: 

1. Before conversion, you can go to the “Settings” to set the parameters for your movie. To compress the file size, adjust the parameters to be smaller. 

2. Click Edit button and you can trim, crop or adjust the video with the built-in video editor to get the very part and effect of yoru original H.265 video as you want. 

STEP 3: Start H.265 video conversion 

When everything is done, click Convert icon to start transcoding H.265 files. Once you’ve liberated your movie library on DS415+, you’ll make it available for viewing on iPad Air orHDTV anytime, anywhere by streaming via Plex. Enjoy. 

More 

Ripping 300+ DVDs to Synology | Can Synology DS416 PLAY play 4K videos?

Can my Synology NAS transcode 4K videos? | Copy DVD to Synology DS216play NAS

Stream Blu-ray from Synology to TV | Rip Blu-ray/DVD to Synology NAS for Roku 3

Backup Blu-ray to Synology NAS for DS Video | Backup Blu-ray to NAS for Oppo BDP-105 Playing

Backup and Stream 4K Video with Synology NAS | Backup Blu-ray DVD Movies to DS916+/DS116 NAS

How to backup Blu-ray and DVD to Synology DS414? | Backup Existing DVD to NAS server for movie enjoyment

Stream Blu-ray from Synology DS215j to TV via network | Copy Blu-ray movies to Synology DS411slim NAS Server

Src : https://plex-movie-streaming.blogspot.com/2015/12/h265-playback-on-ds415-via-plex.html
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Open Tornooien Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: