TVC 't Hoekske TVC 't Hoekske
info@tvchethoekske.tk

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Dinsdagtrainingen 't Hoekske
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Velemoochi

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-01-2016 03:30:46    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Can’t Play MKV Files With Plex on Apple TV 4

How to play MKV files with Plex on Apple TV 4? This question has been asked a thousand times but there are still many people new to Plex or Apple TV and do not know the answer.

Question 1: “I purchased a ATV4 and installed PLEX. I have a PLEX server running on my NAS TS-419P II and the ATV picks it up ok. I can play MP4 but I can't play MKV on the ATV4. Is there any way to get this to play both containers ?”

Question 2: “I am new to Plex and I've started to figure out how everything works. When I access files from my NAS, MP4-files play nicely on the Apple TV. However, it seems that it cannot play my MKV-files. It loads them up just fine with meta-info and all, but when I hit "Play", it just loads for a while before returning to the main screen for the movie.”

If you also can’t play MKV files with Plex on Apple TV 4, then you should read this article carefully. The MKV to Apple TV 4 playback issue is caused by the video format limitation of Apple TV 4 and Plex. In fact, Apple TV 4 and Plex support limited video formats, they can only play some common video, like H.264/MP4, MOV, M4V etc. For video container, like MKV, AVI etc, they can not handle.

To be able to play MKV files with Plex on Apple TV 4, you just need a MKV converter to convert MKV to both Plex and Apple TV 4 compatible format. Here, I suggest you to use Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. With the great Mac MKV Converter, you can achieve your goal easily. In addition to converting MKV, it also can convert Blu-ray, DVD, H.265/HEVC, AVI, Tivo, AVCHD, VOB, MPEG-2, MXF, WMV etc to Apple TV 4 and Plex accept video format. Besides, considering to the final usage of the converted MKV video, you can choose the optimized TV profile for LG/Sony/Samsung/Panasonic TV as best output format for your TV. Furthermore, it is also equipped with advanced editing function, like add subtitles, cut off unwanted video parts, crop MKV black bars, trim or merge MKV files, compress output file size and so on. (Learn more functions in this review).

Free download and install

Other Download:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html

Steps to Play MKV Files With Plex on Apple TV 4

Step 1. Load MKV Files

Install and launch the MKV Converter for Mac, and click "Add file" or "Add from folder" button to load your MKV files. The software supports batch conversion so that you can add several MKV files to convert at one time.

PS. Windows version: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. Windows user can follow the same steps and the Windows version can support the latest Windows 10.

Step 2: Set output format

Considering to your final use, you are suggested to choose TV profile as output format. Click “Format” and navigate to “TVS” profile. Here lists the main four TV brands for you to choose. Other TV brands can also choose one of them as best output format.

Tips:

1. Open "Video Editor" window and switch to the "Trim" tab, you can drag the slider bars to include the segment you want to remain, click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the video or directly input specific values to "Start" and "End" box.

2. Open "Video Editor" window, switch to and click "Crop" tab, click the icon on the right-bottom to swtich to the advanced mode, then you can choose the output aspect ratio such as 16:10, 16:9, 5:4, 4:3 and 2:1 from the drop-down list of "Display Aspect Ration".

3. Click the "Subtitle" tab in "Video Editor" window, check "Enable", then you will be able to add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitle files to the video as hard subtitles.(Difference between soft subtitles and hard subtitles)

Step 3: Start to convert

Switch back to the main interface, click the big button "Convert" on bottom-right corner to start conversion. When the process is over, you can find the converted files by clicking the "Open output folder" on the main interface of the program.

Get the converted MKV video files for transferring to Apple TV 4 via Plex from Mac. In this way, you can play MKV files with Plex on Apple TV 4 without problems.

Learn more: Stream MKV to Apple TV 4 via AirPlay or iTunes:

1. Via AirPlay:

Firstly, to use AirPlay, you need to prepare one of the following devices: iPhone 4 (or later), iPad, iPad mini, or iPod touch (4th generation or later). Add the converted MKV movies to iTunes and sync to your iOS device.

Secondly, be sure iOS device and Apple TV are in the same Wi-Fi network; start play the video on your device, and then swipe up from the bottom of your device screen to access Control Center and tap AirPlay; finally, tap the name of the device you want to AirPlay to.

2. Via iTunes:

Firstly, add the converted MKV videos to iTunes. Then, go to iTunes > Preferences, choose Apple TV, and make sure "Look for Apple TVs" is selected.

Secondly, on your Apple TV 4, choose Settings > Computers > "Connect to iTunes," and note the passcode displayed; in iTunes, select the Apple TV 4 (below Devices), and enter the passcode.

Thirdly, click the Summary button and select one of "Automatic Sync" and "Custom Sync".

More

How to keep iTunes Rentals forever on your iPad series
Backup DVD To Plex For Watching On Tablet/Laptop/Mobile
Put C300 Mark II MXF on Zeiss VR One via Samsung S5
Convert ISO to MKV for Plex Server with full audio & subtitle tracks
Solve Problems with VLC when playing 4K videos
The way watching and enjoying 3D AVCHD on PC and Mac
How to Stream 4K video from Windows 10 to HDTV?
Src
Can’t Play MKV Files With Plex on Apple TV 4
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    TVC 't Hoekske -> Dinsdagtrainingen 't Hoekske Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: